Friday, July 16, 2010

NYC (Day 11)

We spent part of this morning planning the next few days and chatting to Mary & Lynn on the phone. We booked flights, planned to see Lynn later on tonight and Mary and George in the morning.

We ate pizza for lunch at about 1pm- Ray's Pizza & then headed for the big aircraft carrier.


We looked around the ship and saw the fastest plane ever built a black Lockheed A12 ...  we also got to go on the Concorde another quick plane - that one could go from London to NYC in 3 hours and 8 minutes.

It was such a hot day so Dale tried to push me in the water fountain - again ... lol he didnt get me in :) :) but I manged to get a kid to fill by glass in the fountain - while Dale was holding me and trying to push me in ... and then I wet dale with that!!


We then went to the World Trade Centre. We got to see the plans for the memorial site that are planning and we also got to see the site they are building the new World Trade Centre buildings and the memorial park.

After that, we headed back to the hotel and rang Lynn. At this stage it was about 7pm. We met Lynn and Ross at the front of Central Park at 8pm. While we were waiting, we watched a guy spray painting pictures onto cardboard.


It was great that Ross managed to make it out to see us as he had not slept for about 24hours as he had just landed from a flight. We walked around Central Park for about 2.5 hours and I got to catch up with all the great stories Lynn had to tell me about the baby on the way and just NYC. It was great to catch up with them & I am looking forward to seeing the baby and having them all come back to Australia.

After we said bye to Lynn (Ross didn't make the whole trip around the park - as he was tired) ... it was about 10:30 so Dale and I headed back to the hotel and got a takeaway pizza to eat at the Hotel.


Before we did that we went to a hug supermarket! We wanted to buy things, but as they were closing the lines were HUGE and we only had 3 items. So we just bought drinks and things at another store.

We got pizza and ate it back at the room. I then edited my MISS R banner for Louise, surfed the net and write this blog. It is now just after 1:30am and I am signing off. I am going to watch some TV and then go to sleep. We have to still book our train tickets to go to Mary's house. We will probably leave on a train at the main station, so will have to be packed and out of the hotel by 8am. Looks like another night of lack of sleep!!

I will try and get pics up asap. We have just been so busy and it is hard finding time to sleep let alone post pics too. After Mary's house we will be going back to Vegas coz we loved it so much. We want to laze by the pool and eat buffet. So when we go there, we will have a lot less of a busy schedule as we did all that we really wanted to do when we were there last ...

:) :) :) :)  PS the times on this blog are for some reason not the same as the time I am posting .. I think the dates are mostly right ... in NYC it is Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment